Join us for another Veggie Bike Ride from Bethesda to DC and back.
Meeting point: 7106 46th St, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Meeting time: 9:30am
Route (doesn’t reflect the starting location): [Route link](https://www.komoot.com/tour/1190377206?ref=wtd&share_token=aPoyr1dXRFBPEG2WNaFGLlbZ06VL5JA46jvpYuQ4WHpkF5rhBy)
Length: 24.5 miles
Difficulty level: strenuous
Elevation change: 550 ft up and 550 ft down
Bike time: ~2.5 hours at moderate pace (~10 mph)
Total time: ~5 hours (including stops).
Biking surface: paved
Route type: mostly paved trail, some roads
Weather: we will not be riding in rain, windy (greater than 10mph) or cold (less that 50 F) conditions so stay tuned for Comments on this page.
Food/Water: Bring your own vegan snacks and (non-alcoholic) beverage to enjoy. Please carry plenty of water!
Pease do not attend if you are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have or have been exposed to COVID-19. VSDC greatly appreciates your cooperation.
*For important updates, regularly monitor the “Comments” section on this page (below).*
*Don’t be a no show! If your plans change, update your RSVP.*
When you sign up to join, you automatically acknowledge
[VSDC Activity Waiver](https://vsdc.org/activity-waiver/).
*Please also view and abide by the RULES listed below*
* Pets are not allowed
* Use of intoxicants such as alcohol, cigarettes and/or illegal substances is banned during this event.
* Practice safe biking habits including:
* Wearing a bike helmet
* Keeping a safe distance between each other (bikes don’t have brake lights and tailgating can easily result in crashes)
* Avoid side by side riding unless the road gives us ample opportunity
* This event is for those who are fully vaccinated only. Also please do not attend if you are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have or have been exposed to COVID-19.
If you comply with the above, we look forward to seeing you IRL (in real life)! Thanks for your support.
VSDC (http://www.vsdc.org) is a clear and consistent voice for improving the lives of all beings through education on the benefits of a vegan diet & lifestyle. Sharing food is the bond that brings families together; so it is with VSDC. From simply “breaking bread” to experiencing delicious and nutritious vegan foods from around the world, we make your journey easier, enjoyable & meaningful.
VSDC. Creating communities. For your health, the animals, and the planet.