- This event has passed.
Please join us for Veggie Bike Ride on roads in the Clarksville area.
We’ll meet at 10am on Sunday Oct 9, 2022 at [Great Sage parking lot](https://g.page/GreatSageRestaurant?share).
We will ride on roads in the Clarksville. Details below have couple of tentative ride routes that we will take. We will cool off at Great Sage after the ride.
https://goo.gl/maps/T8avXE4S3hoQEyfa8 OR https://goo.gl/maps/8c1y7AAh7p7KgmA67
Length: ~20 miles
Difficulty level: strenuous
Elevation change: about 1000 ft up and down
Bike time: ~2 hours at moderate pace (10 mph)
Total time: ~4 hours
Biking surface: paved
Route type: roads
Post ride Lunch: Great Sage
Weather: we will not be riding in rain, windy (greater than 10mph) or cold (less that 50 F) conditions so stay tuned for Comments on this page.
Food/Water: Bring your own vegan snacks and (non-alcoholic) beverage to enjoy. Please carry plenty of water!
During the ride: we will plan to slow often to let the group gather together.
*For important updates, regularly monitor the “Comments” section on this page (below).*
*Don’t be a no show! If your plans change, update your RSVP.*
When you sign up to join, you automatically acknowledge
VSDC hikes (and bikes)[ Liability Waiver](https://vsdc.org/activity-waiver/)
*Please also view and abide by the RULES listed below*
* Pets are not allowed
* Use of intoxicants such as alcohol, cigarettes and/or illegal substances is banned during this event.
* Practice safe biking habits including:
* Wearing a bike helmet
* Keeping a safe distance between each other (bikes don’t have brake lights and tailgating can easily result in crashes)
* Avoid side by side riding unless the road gives us ample opportunity
* This event is for those who are fully vaccinated only. Also please do not attend if you are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have or have been exposed to COVID-19.
If you comply with the above, we look forward to seeing you IRL (in real life)! Thanks for your support.
VSDC (https://vsdc.org) is a clear and consistent voice for improving the lives of all beings through education on the benefits of a vegan diet & lifestyle. Sharing food is the bond that brings families together; so it is with VSDC. From simply “breaking bread” to experiencing delicious and nutritious vegan foods from around the world, we make your journey easier, enjoyable & meaningful.
VSDC. Creating communities. For your health, the animals, and the planet.