- This event has passed.
Let’s head to Glenstone – a secretly famous museum in Potomac, MD. This museum has a lot to offer, in their own words:
[Glenstone](https://www.glenstone.org/) is a place that seamlessly integrates art, architecture, and nature into a serene and contemplative environment. It is museum of modern and contemporary art and is integrated into nearly 300 acres of gently rolling pasture and unspoiled woodland in Montgomery County, Maryland, less than 15 miles from the heart of Washington, DC.
The museum offers hiking/walking trails and we will be hiking 3-4 miles. Additionally it has two cafe’s with vegan options. We will be stopping for a bit at one of them for snacks/coffee. Please note that the museum offers both outdoor and indoor exhibits that we will be visiting.
Meeting Point: [Arrival hall next to Sycamore parking lot](https://maps.app.goo.gl/g4LyTVAKiNUSbdNz9)
Meeting Time: noon
Please review the instructions and more information:
* You might be asked at the gate to show tickets. Please let them know that you are part of VSDC group visit. Tickets have already been arranged for our group visit.
* [Please check the group visit guide](https://www.glenstone.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Group-Overview-Letter_12.01.2022.pdf) for more information about the visit
* **Outside food/beverage is not permitted** at Glenstone
* [Sample menu of cafe’s](https://www.glenstone.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Spring-Summer-Menu-Pre-Kelly-2023-v4.pdf) – please note that this is indicative menu only
Additionally, we are restricted to 15 members in the group. Please be responsible and update your RSVP if you cannot attend. And preference would be given to current dues-paying VSDC members only.
Dog friendly? No! **No pets please.**
Bathroom Facilities/Water: Yes – many.
Please do not attend if you are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have or have been exposed to COVID-19.
*For important updates regularly monitor the “comments” section below.*
*Don’t be a no show! If your plans change, update your RSVP.*
* When you sign up to join a hike/event you automatically acknowledge
[VSDC Vegan Trekkers Liability Waiver](https://vsdc.org/activity-waiver/).
* Please also view the Rules listed at the end of this description
* Please read [The 10 Essentials of Hiking](https://americanhiking.org/resources/10essentials/)
## Alcohol/Smoking/Intoxicants: Use of intoxicants such as alcohol, cigarettes and/or illegal substances is banned during the hikes.
VSDC (http://www.vsdc.org) is a clear and consistent voice for improving the lives of all beings through education on the benefits of a vegan diet & lifestyle. Sharing food is the bond that brings families together; so it is with VSDC. From simply “breaking bread” to experiencing delicious and nutritious vegan foods from around the world, we make your journey easier, enjoyable & meaningful.
VSDC. Creating communities. For your health, the animals, and the planet.